Viaterra FLY Review


Viaterra FLY Review


If you remember about the contest from last month, I won the best picture  and it was chosen by  Jay and Bharadwaj. With many wonderful pics I was super excited to know that I won. I got it on time as promised by Nicholas for my RE trip -Tour of Rajasthan. 10 days of sand. Well its just sand ride for others but you do the trip and you know you want to do it again. :)



So I got the bag, filled it up with my gears and found it to be spacious and sturdy. To start with, It can be mounted on the tank, a bit tie consuming but stays solid. Can be mounted on your pillion seat or even on top of the saddle bags. Best thing is that it can be worn as a back pack. How cool is that?
 While I took some getting used to the gear and the mountings, I was a champ from day 3 and could get around it pretty quick,

My Gears - Canon 7D with battery pack + 50 mm + 70-200 L and the usual chargers and extra memory cards and all that.

So, Fly has a small pocket on one of those sides, Looks small but can take in a 70-200 lens with hood easily. You don't have separate containers or separations for the camera and other things, But I improvized and filled it up with my dry fit T's. This helped me loose my back pack and have just one bag that carries all my basic requirements on a ride.  Just before the ride I happened to click a Wedding and my camera bag was replaced by the fly. She could take in a 7D with battery grip +5D Mark 2 + 70-200 L +24-70+ EX 600 flash and have enough space for two Dry Fits. :D
I was the official photographer for the Tour of Rajasthan and had to be one step ahead of other riders, stopping to click some pics and then catching up with the fastest guy, overtaking him and stopping to click again. Around all this the Viaterra held strong on the tank and the strong zips helped it stand my rough usage. I guess its I keep away my bags and drag in some saddle bags. Viaterra, If you are listening you know what to do. :P
I took her on the camel ride, but couldnt mount it, Sharukh was not in a great mood and wanted no strings attached. :D
She was thrown around, coz when you are trying to capture the moment, a part from camera every thing else is extra weight!

Comments