Intercepting the twin!




I borrowed the @interceptor650twin for a quick ride to Gokarna and back, the ride was to be for 4 days and I would go on to return the motorcycle. To start with, we ended up staying longer at Gokarna and then the fun of riding the twin got me a good high. This machine has effortlessly helped me play with various terrains, let it be a 120KMph + lock and cruise or blast out on the highway, trail rides, single tracks, and a quick hooligan role in the traffic. The twin plays the dual role very easily. The bike is heavy and there is no other way to it, but once you get a grip on the throttle control you are put having fun. You could always lighten up the bike by changing the exhaust but the stock growl is fun. The enfields are known for the low-end torque and now the 650 motor brings closer to nil vibrations and much better reliability. For the very first time ever, I rode with zero tools, not even a clutch cable or a fuse. I am sure the little troubles would pop up like in any other motorcycle, but this indeed is a brilliant design. I would add a slightly slimmer front tire, taller handle, 2:1 SS exhaust with a blend in aluminum bash plate, and a short windshield. This could be your one motorcycle to go everywhere! Keep in mind that like any big motor the 650 will heat up in the stop and go traffic. But hey, that's why you have different series of motorcycles, commuters, cafe racers, adv, and full-fledged tourers. The 650 has a mix of it all with the price tag, it's definitely a good deal. Now that I look around, I see plenty 650 twins and with it brings tons of readily available mode, I think its #PlayTime What do you think?

Comments